Starbuck's Eggnog Latte

Every year I wait for Starbuck's Eggnog Latte. When it finally arrives I don't get it the first day because I know I will drink too many by the season's end and I foolishly want to limit myself.  Foolish because last year, I was looking forward to getting the last one of the season and when I went in to order my last lovely, smooth, creamy, nutmeg-y delight in a venti cup for the year, I was informed they stopped making them the day before. I must have looked the way I felt--ready to cry--because the barista told me she'd make me one if I brought in some eggnog.  (If Starbucks is reading this, I will not say who it was. I won't get someone so nice in trouble with the company.) I didn't but I almost did. I laughed it off  like it was no big deal but I was disappointed, almost devastated, like you'd feel if you were going to catch a train and knew you had plenty of time and then when you got to the station, you saw the train leaving without you. It may be sad and pathetic but there it is.  I have had 2 this season and with time running out I will have 2 or maybe even 3 before they are gone again.  Uh, excuse me while I run to Starbuck's.

late bloomer

Comments

Popular Posts