Anguillara Part II


                   These are more photos of my favorite Anguillara.


                                             The beautiful lake.



The swans. There are swans that live on the beach and swim close to the shore. They are not afraid of the people and just do what they like.


                  This is part of why I think this place is so beautiful.






The way the buildings have been built on the hillside instead of knocking the hillside down to accommodate the buildings. It is a respect of nature.



                                     The lake is large and clear.















This is the fountain next to our B & B. It was used as a background for bridal photos and it is very popular. How could it not be. The sky, the lake, the fountain. It is all just so very beautiful.


                               Me again. In front of my favorite place. 


                        There are little treasures like this all over Italy.


                                            Sunset over the lake.




                             First night there when it was still stormy. 


          Lauren and I the next day after the storm left us to sunny skies.


                                             The Roman column.













                         
                         This is probably my favorite photo of myself. 




                        This is the castle on the other side of the lake. 




Another beautiful sunset. We were taking a nap and got up too late to get more sunset photos. 


The fireworks after the religious program. I have never seen fireworks after a  religious ceremony. It was great.










They carried this cross up the hill to the church. The street was lined with candles and there were many, many people. We sat out by the main road in the park for awhile and saw the police directing traffic and keeping cars off the road to the church. 



          Ciao Anguillara.  I will miss your beauty and your kindness.




                 We arrived at the train station where I was to go back to Florence and Lauren was to meet up with her friend Liz. My train was delayed an hour and I freaked out for a minute because Lauren had to leave but I calmed down. 



Lauren was on the opposite side waiting for her train. She wouldn't look at me cause she knew I was crying right then.  She was there and then after a train pulled up and then left I expected to see her again but she was gone. 


I never felt so alone. But I stopped crying and waited for my train. I got on the right one and while on the train, a girl asked for my help. She spoke Italian and was worried about missing her stop. I helped her get off on the right one and felt really good that I was able to help someone else even though I was unsure about the whole train situation myself. It relieved my own anxiety.  

Comments

Popular Posts